Dearne carpet stores avoid cuts
BOSSES at a carpet firm which has suspended its shares have made assurances that their two Dearne stores will remain open.
Rotherham-based United Carpets have shut six of their stores and a further eight are also set to close in the coming weeks as part of a review of their 85 outlets.
But the firm’s branches in Mexborough and Parkgate will not be affected by the cuts.
Finance Director Ian Bowness said: “Both those sites are successful stores and long may it continue. They are not affected by the changes.”
The company’s decision to suspend its shares came as a result of the board not being in a position to publish its 2011/2012 year end financial results by September 30.
Instead it will extend its accounting date by six months, to cover an 18-month trading period, and intends to publish the figures before 31 January next year.
A company statement said: “The board believes that not taking this step would result in a set of accounts which would not give a truly representative picture of the ongoing operations.”
The firm hopes to re-open their shares once the latest accounts are published.
- Damning reports slams Lindholme Prison as one of worst in country
- Doncaster firm lands Sheffield tram contract
- Court: Coffee thief gets community order
- Doncaster Rovers: Rochdale clash set for Capital One Cup first round
- Transfer rumours June 14: Doncaster Rovers, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United, Barnsley, Rotherham United, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester City
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for South Yorkshire
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 12 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: West