Crackdown on nuisance litter louts
litter louts are being targeted as part of a council crackdown.
17 people were convicted of littering offences at Doncaster Magistrates Court on Wednesday.
The littering offences took place across the borough including in the town centre, Thorne, Stainforth, Rossington and Cantley.
Deputy Mayor, Councillor Cynthia Ransome, Cabinet Member for Communities, Street Scene and Environmental Protection said: “We work hard to make our area an attractive place to live, work and visit so anyone who is caught littering anywhere in the borough, from the town centre to our villages, has to pay for their actions.”
- Damning reports slams Lindholme Prison as one of worst in country
- Doncaster firm lands Sheffield tram contract
- Court: Coffee thief gets community order
- Doncaster Rovers: Rochdale clash set for Capital One Cup first round
- Transfer rumours June 14: Doncaster Rovers, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United, Barnsley, Rotherham United, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester City
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for South Yorkshire
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 11 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: West