Car gutted in Doncaster street blaze
A BMW was destroyed by fire after being set ablaze in an early morning attack.
The vehicle was torched in the early hours of Sunday morning outside a terraced house in Hyde Park.
Crews from Doncaster fire station were called out to the property in Apley Road at around 5.10am to attend the blaze which officers believe was started deliberately.
The vehicle suffered serious damage and was well alight by the time crews arrived with officers spending more than an hour at the scene dealing with the incident.
The ferocity of the fire caused slight damage to the guttering and window frames of nearby houses and the homes were checked as a precaution.
No one was injured in the incident.
- Damning reports slams Lindholme Prison as one of worst in country
- Doncaster firm lands Sheffield tram contract
- Court: Coffee thief gets community order
- Doncaster Rovers: Rochdale clash set for Capital One Cup first round
- Transfer rumours June 14: Doncaster Rovers, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United, Barnsley, Rotherham United, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester City
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for South Yorkshire
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 11 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: West