BREAKING NEWS: Strike action is set to cause disruption to Doncaster bin collections
DONCASTER residents could see a month of disruption to their bin collections after workers have vowed to go out on strike.
Employees at Sita UK - which runs recycling and waste collection services in the borough - have threatened to walk out for six days over the next month.
Unite members will not be working overtime and plan to strike on a total of six days from this Friday until October 15.
Sita UK general manager Nick Browning said: “The union has asked for an average pay increase of 13 per cent, but in the current economic climate, we cannot justify increasing the offer of 1.7 per cent that we have made nationally to all of our employees, particularly when our colleagues in Doncaster already benefit from good terms and conditions following pay increases of 2.5 per cent in 2010 and three per cent in 2011.”
See this week’s Free Press for full details.
- Court: Coffee thief gets community order
- Doncaster Rovers: Rochdale clash set for Capital One Cup first round
- Wombwell man awarded B.E.M.
- Biggest ‘shake-up’ on the buses for 20 years
- Transfer rumours June 14: Doncaster Rovers, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United, Barnsley, Rotherham United, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester City
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for South Yorkshire
Tuesday 18 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 12 C to 23 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: West