Humberside Fire and rescue Services have underlined the importance of smoke alarms after they were called to tackle a bedroom blaze on Rectory Street Epworth on Thursday.
Crews from Epworth and Crowle were sent after the occupants of the bungalow reported the fire at 5pm. Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the blaze and used thermal imaging cameras to detect any remaining hot spots.
A fire Services spokeswoman said: The house had two smoke alarms fitted which alerted the people inside with an early warning. Potentially it could have been ten minutes before they became aware of the fire and the situation would have been much worse”.