Foster Barnes bench to be relocated in Epworth

A BENCH dedicated to the founder of the Epworth Bells is to be moved to a new location.

The bench has a small plaque highlighting the life of Foster Barnes, who launched the paper in 1872, and it is currently located on the A161, just outside the southern approach to the town.

It was restored by volunteers and at this month’s meeting of Epworth Town Council members voted to relocate it to a more prominent postion on Burnham Road, outside the cemetery.