Foodbank is launched
A FOODBANK to help residents in need of help in difficult financial times has been launched in Conisbrough.
Visitors to the Doncaster West Foodbank will be able to pick up a bag of fruit, veg and other foods for £2.50 every Friday from 11-1pm at The Place on Castle Street.
Don Valley MP Caroline Flint and Chris Mills, civic mayor of Doncaster and Conisbrough councillor, joined project leader Sean Gibbons to support the launch of the scheme last Friday.
Father-of-two Sean, 39, of Park Road, Mexborough, said: “A project like this is vital in this day and age and we are able to offer people help on the ground who need it most.”
Caroline said: “Everyone knows how tough people are finding life at present – and this foodbank is one way of the community saying ‘you are not alone, we can help’.”
- Damning reports slams Lindholme Prison as one of worst in country
- Doncaster firm lands Sheffield tram contract
- Court: Coffee thief gets community order
- Doncaster Rovers: Rochdale clash set for Capital One Cup first round
- Transfer rumours June 14: Doncaster Rovers, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United, Barnsley, Rotherham United, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester City
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for South Yorkshire
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 11 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: West