A FAMILY were left with a fire damaged home a week before Christmas after a toaster sparked a blaze.
The owner watched in horror when he came back to his house in Harlington Road, Mexborough, and saw smoke coming through the front door and heard his smoke alarms going off.
He immediately called the fire service and crews from Edlington and Dearne were sent to put out the blaze at around 2pm last Wednesday.
Members of the Red Cross Fire Emergency Support Service were working with the occupants last week, a fire brigade spokesman said.
The occupants were a couple in their 40s with two children, but nobody was inside the property when the fire started.
The kitchen has been left badly damaged and workmen were doing repairs at the property this week.
It is believed an electrical fault was the cause of the blaze.