Escape from house fire

0
Have your say

A YOUNG family escaped unharmed from a fire in their Doncaster home at the weekend.

A smoke alarm sounded when the fire broke out in the cellar of their mid-terrace house in Palmer Street, Hyde Park, just before midnight on Sunday.

By the time Doncaster and Edlington fire crews arrived the couple and their child were safely outside.

The fire had been caused by a fault on the electrical board in the cellar and all power to the property was lost.

The firefighters wore breathing apparatus to go into the basement and used dry powder extinguishers to put it out because it was an electrical fire.

The cellar was smoke-logged but the rest of the property was not badly affected, said a fire service spokesman.