Doncaster lorry drivers suspend Tesco depot strike dates
LORRY drivers at Doncaster’s Tesco distribution depot have suspended strike action planned for tomorrow after their bosses at Eddie Stobart promised to put a new offer on the table.
The drivers took two days of strike action last week because of fears for their jobs following a transfer of their contracts from Tesco to Eddie Stobart.
Stobarts issued a notice of termination of employment, with no promise that the drivers will be re-employed once the 90-days are up.
Drivers in the Unite union have suspended planned strikes on Thursday (October 18) and Friday (October 19) because of the offer.
Unite regional officer, Harriet Eisner said: “Stobart’s has confirmed it intends to put an offer on the table, so we are suspending Thursday and Friday’s action pending the talks on Friday.
“We are not ruling out further action, but Unite is keen to explore what ESL is offering, and that talks are conducted in a constructive and positive manner.”
- Doncaster Rovers: Not a Duff move yet
- Damning reports slams Lindholme Prison as one of worst in country
- Doncaster firm lands Sheffield tram contract
- Court: Coffee thief gets community order
- Transfer rumours June 14: Doncaster Rovers, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United, Barnsley, Rotherham United, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester City
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for South Yorkshire
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 12 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: West