VOLUNTEERS are needed to help with a cancer charity’s Christmas Collection Appeal.
There will be 26 festive fundraising collection dates at venues across Doncaster during November and December all in aid of Marie Curie Cancer Care.
Collections take place at:
* Doncaster Train Station on Thursday, November 22, and Friday, November 23.
* Asda in Bawtry Road, on Friday November 30, Saturday, December 1, and Sunday, December 2.
* Morrisons in Armthorpe, on Saturday, December 1, and Sunday, December 2.
* Doncaster Lidl, on Saturday, December 1, and Sunday, December 2.
* Sainsbury’s in the Frenchgate Centre, on Friday, December 7, Saturday, December 8, and Sunday, December 9.
* Asda Carcroft, on Friday, December 7, Saturday, December 8, and Sunday, December 9.
* Tesco Church View, on Saturday, December 8.
* Doncaster Frenchgate Interchange, on Saturday, December 8, Thursday, December 13, Friday, December 14, and Saturday, December 15.
* Tesco Edenthorpe, on Tuesday, December 11, and Wednesday, December 12.
* Sainsbury’s Thorne, on Friday, December 14, Saturday, December 15, and Sunday, December 16.
* Tesco Woodfield Plantation, on Sunday, December 16.
Fundraiser Liz Howlett said: “The reaction you get from the general public when you collect at Christmas is wonderful and it’s a fantastically rewarding way to spend just a couple of hours of your time.
“Every donation collected will help us provide even more hours of nursing care and now more than ever we need your support to ensure we are able to care for even more terminally ill patients in their own homes when they, and their families, need our support most.
“So please get in touch if you are able to give up a couple of hours of your time this Christmas.
For more information on collections and times, call 0114 279 3010.