Coldstream Guards enjoy colourful march through town - Video
HUNDREDS of shoppers cheered and applauded as the Coldstream Guards brought Doncaster town centre to a standstill with a colourful military parade.
The 2nd Battalion were given a heroes’ welcome as they marched past the Mansion House, resplendent in their scarlet tunics and black bearskin hats and blasting out a selection of rousing anthems.
Shoppers craned their necks for a better view and captured the marchpast by more than 150 guardsmen on cameras and mobile phones as the parade snaked its way around the town centre before a service at Doncaster Minster.
- Court: Coffee thief gets community order
- Wombwell man awarded B.E.M.
- Doncaster Rovers: Rochdale clash set for Capital One Cup first round
- Biggest ‘shake-up’ on the buses for 20 years
- Transfer rumours June 14: Doncaster Rovers, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United, Barnsley, Rotherham United, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester City
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for South Yorkshire
Tuesday 18 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 12 C to 23 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: West