Cash boost for Belton
A SCHOOL and two children’s groups are celebrating after they were awarded a cash windfall from North Lincolnshire Council.
Belton Primary School, the 1st Belton Guides and 1st Belton Brownies have both been awarded £607.50 each towards the cost of running their premises.
Meanwhile, kids activity group Belton Rainbows received £400 to be spent on a birthday party celebration for the children at The Deep in Hull.
All monies were given through North Lincolnshire Council’s Community Capital Grant Fund pot of £500, 000.
Community Capital Grants support community sport, arts and heritage projects with grants of up to £15,000 normally available.
Groups can apply for one grant of up to £30,000 in any five-year period if the total cost of the project is more than £60,000.
Council officials will present all three beneficiaries with their cheques at Belton Primary School on Wednesday, January 23.
Any Isle group can apply for grants through the scheme.
For more information contact the council on 01724 297257.
Alternatively, visit www.northlincs.gov.uk/communitypeopleandliving/funding-and-grants/north-lincolnshire-council-grants/.scheme.
- Damning reports slams Lindholme Prison as one of worst in country
- Doncaster firm lands Sheffield tram contract
- Court: Coffee thief gets community order
- Doncaster Rovers: Rochdale clash set for Capital One Cup first round
- Transfer rumours June 14: Doncaster Rovers, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United, Barnsley, Rotherham United, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester City
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for South Yorkshire
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 22 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 12 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: East