Cable starts Doncaster garage fire

editorial image

The garage of a house in Bentley, Doncaster, was destroyed by fire last night.

Adwick and Doncaster fire crews were called to Daw Lane just after 7pm when the detached 5m long garage went up in flames.

They managed to prevent the flames spreading to the house but most of the structure was damaged.

It is believed an electrical power cable running from the house to the garage was defective and started it, said a fire service spokesman.

Doncaster firefighters were also called to a blazing car on Sandall Beat Road, Intake, late on Saturday night. It is believed to have been stolen and dumped.