motorists are being warned they could face major disruption as work on the A6182 White Rose Way gets underway.
Road closures will take place on evenings in December and January and on Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
The works are part of the Doncaster Southern Gateway Improvement Scheme and will see a new 184 metre bridge lifted into place over the East Coast Main Line during a 48 hour window granted by Network Rail.
The new bridge is part of the first of two phases of work and should be open for traffic in November 2012.
Signs are going up in advance of the works and sign posted diversions will be in place.
Road closures in the area will take place on the following days:
* Saturday DecemIber 17 (9pm to 8am) for installation of south span beams
* Sunday December 18 (9pm to 6am) for installation of south span beams
* Monday December 19 (9pm to 6am) for installation of south span beams
* Sunday December 24 (9pm) to 27th December (6am) for the installation of the main bridge beams over the East Coast Main Line
* Monday January 9 (9pm to 6am) to re-erect lighting columns and signing
* Tuesday January 10 (9pm to 6am) to re-erect lighting columns and signing
A map showing the road closures and the diversions is available on: www.doncaster.gov.uk/wrw