School will soon be out for the summer, but English Heritage are offering grown-ups history lessons in pairs at their most famous historical buildings.
The Conisbrough Castle bosses are offering two-for-one entry at eight historic sites across the north of England – including Conisbrough – before the schools’ break-up for summer.
The other attractions on offer are:
* Birdoswald Roman Fort on Hadrian’s Wall in Cumbria
* Housesteads Roman Fort on Hadrian’s Wall in Northumberland
* Lindisfarne Priory on the Northumberland coast
* Carlisle Castle in Cumbria
* Whitby Abbey, on the North Yorkshire coast
* Rievaulx Abbey on the North York Moors
* Clifford’s Tower in York
The offer – which requires a voucher – runs from now until July 17.
The voucher is free to download from English Heritage at www.english-heritage.org.uk/daysout/2-for-1-north