Isle news in brief
• A COFFEE morning and jumble sale will take place this morning in Keadby.
The event, from 10am to noon in St Oswald’s Church Hall will be from 10am to noon.
It will include a cake stall, bric-a-brac stall and lucky dips for children to try their hands in.
Proceeds from the event will go to church funds.
• ANNUAL meetings of the Belton Group of Parishes will take place in April
Meetings will be held at All Saints’ Church prayer room on April 14 from 12.30pm, at Midway, Trentside, for St Mark’s Church on April 16 at 8pm, and at St Oswald’s Church on April 17, from 12.30pm.
Reports should be sent to church secretaries by March 17.
• EPWORTH Primary Academy pupils have recently taken part in the Digital Champion project, with some older pupils showing parents and grandparents how to use the internet.
Further initiatives include A maths morning for foundation and key stage one parents on March 5, with another session on March 6 for key stage two parents.
• HUMBERSIDE Fire and Rescue Service is warning businesses to be wary of advertising calls purporting to be from it, after reports of bogus calls.
People pretending to be associated with the fire service have tried to sell advertising space in publications.
A spokesman said: “We never try to sell advertising space.”
- Damning reports slams Lindholme Prison as one of worst in country
- Doncaster firm lands Sheffield tram contract
- Court: Coffee thief gets community order
- Doncaster Rovers: Rochdale clash set for Capital One Cup first round
- Transfer rumours June 14: Doncaster Rovers, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United, Barnsley, Rotherham United, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester City
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for South Yorkshire
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 12 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: West