Band marches on to claim first
A MARCHING band is celebrating after drumming up first and third in two competitions.
The Doncaster Danum Scout Band secured promotion two years ago from Division Three and has kick-started its British Youth Band Association 2012 season with a bang.
The team, aged ten and upwards, competed in Bradford and Nottingham to claim top spot and third.
The band marched in front of judges to a routine involving music from films such as Pirates of the Caribbean and Moulin Rouge.
Members also took part in Doncaster’s Armed Forces Day on June 30 and will be performing at various parades, galas and fetes across the borough.
The marching band meets on Tuesdays between 6.30pm and 9.30pm at the Ready Steady Store in Wheatley Hall Road.
Organisers are keen to recruit people who play brass, woodwind, percussion or xylophones. Visit www.ddsb.co.uk for more details.
- Damning reports slams Lindholme Prison as one of worst in country
- Doncaster firm lands Sheffield tram contract
- Court: Coffee thief gets community order
- Doncaster Rovers: Rochdale clash set for Capital One Cup first round
- Transfer rumours June 14: Doncaster Rovers, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United, Barnsley, Rotherham United, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester City
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for South Yorkshire
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 22 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 12 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: East